Saturday 10 October 2009

Blogtoberfest Day 10: Frills and flounce


Okay so this could be classed as cheating - talk about a project one day and show it the next! But I am struggling to play Mum and be crafty every day so this will have to do for today.
This little dress is a touch big on Madelyn as you can see, but at least I know she won't grow out of it in the blink of an eye like she does everything else, and if it really bothered me, I could shift the buttons to make the bodice more snug for now.


Poor Madelyn has a nasty cold (and horrendous cough) so I wasn't going to push her to sit nicely and pose especially after the night we had, but here are some action shots of her in her new dress. As she tried to crawl off, she got her knee caught on it and face-planted... I have also promised her I won't make her any more dresses now until she can walk, unless they are the shorter type of dress that she can wear with little bloomer pants and won't hinder her crawling. She is trying to pull herself up already and the few times I have held her hands her little feet race off in a march, so somehow I don't think she will take as long as her big brother to master that.


PS. Does anyone know why I can never get my pictures to enlarge at the click of the mouse? I used to have it working a long time ago and thought the trick was to not have the photos too large but now that isn't even working...hmmmmm.... any ideas?

6 comments:

Karen said...

Very sweet dress Joy, I have never used my machine to stitch buttonson - I am too scared to try it!!
Hope you are all feeling well soon.

Karen said...

Very sweet dress Joy, I have never used my machine to stitch buttonson - I am too scared to try it!!
Hope you are all feeling well soon.

Emma said...

Oooh, gorgeous dress! I found with the photos that they don't enlarge if I move them around. And they upload fromt the bottom up, so I have to rememebr to do them in reverse order! I hope that works for you, too.

Christy Amular said...

Hello there! Guess what? You won in my giveaway!!Congrats!

http://sweettidings.blogspot.com/2009/10/lilla-lotta-sponsor-giveaway-winner.html

Please email me your shipping address to moxygirl(at)gmail.com

( I didn't know what blog to contact you since you have so many heheheh)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous dress - glad you chose the blue, it looks great!

Ariane said...

Such a cute little dress. She looks so pretty in it.