Wednesday 14 March 2007

I have made a promise...

Now can I stick to it?! I have promised Austy he'll be back in wool at night (to cover his nappy) by the week's end. As I sat on the couch watching House tonight I nearly did a naughty thing and started a new project as my second sock needs turning and with a head cold coming on (thanks Austy!), I wasn't up for the counting etc that goes with that and jsut wanted some plain easy knitting on normal needles. But as I discovered last night, my circular I bought to do his shorties and longies (next lot of urgent projects to get him sleeping well in a wool bum) was far too long. I bought a 60cm as my brain wasn't able to comprehend the inches recommended with the pattern and work out the right length in cm. The needle needs to go back pronto and swap for the right length but I forgot to take it to work with me today.

So there I sat, pondering. Sock turning, bunny embroidering, or start something new (but what? I have wool for longies/shorties but no needle). Then came the inner voice... "Finish that bunny now Joy, or you'll never be allowed to knit another thing!" As a result, the bum of Austy's organic soaker now has not only one bunny but a pair of them keeping each other company (the bunnies were an embroidery design from a vintage pattern book and remind me of traditional "bunny" rugs). But wait, there's more! I even completed one leg cuff, because now that the bunnies are there, I was able to do the easy knitting again in a double rib along the leg. The second leg would be done too, but a girl has to eat and go to bed at some stage. Hopefully I can keep my promise and will be able to show you my cute bunny bum boy by the weekend, and make up a new forum signature with the pic to promote "Reusable Nappy Week".

Zzzz.....

No comments: