Wednesday 28 March 2007

And here are the results....


Excuse my lame attempts at handballing - it's not the tidiest lot of wool I've seen. It didn't help that one of the balls (the blue one) kept coming apart as I skeined it before dyeing - I was quite annoyed since it was a brand new ball with the ball band still in place but as soon as I skeined it I found half a dozen poorly spliced joins that just split apart as I skeined. I figured dyeing the broken ball with the solid colour was the best option to avoid breaking up the colour pooling when I knit with the varigated wool. The new varigated ball turned out more vibrant than I imagined it would, and very green. I think I like it anyway, and took the pic of all three balls together so you can see how they work together. The pink varigated will not be on the same garment as the green varigated but both matching garments will have the blue trim. Still not telling though! You'll just have to wait and see.


AND I am frothing at the mouth waiting for this wooly mail! Come ON already!!


Signed, the impatient knitter!

3 comments:

Corrie said...

good job! I'm going to order some from live 2 knit ! I have ambitions to dye some of my own but think I have enough crafts for a while!!!!!!!!!!

Austysmum said...

Ah haaa! Corrie, that's where my addiction started! The gorgeous ball I bought that live2knit dyed for a one-off joint project with ecoyarns. After that I bought the knittery stuff and while the colours were fantastic, the quality of the dyeing just couldn't match live2knit at all. There were totally undyed patches in the knittery stuff and very feint patches that made me have to weave in LOTS of ends due to having to cut the raw bits out. That's when I emailed ecoyarns to try and get them to do another joint venture with live2knit, and their reply was a great instructional on jelly dyeing to dye my own. Now I can't stop! LOL.

Becky-Dee said...

The colours did come out very bold and bright. It's great to see that you are experimenting with jelly dyeing. Can't wait too see how it knits up! I am a bit impatient too whe it comes to waiting for yarn mail......hehe