I finally made a decision on the "pastel princess" colourway. While it would look sweet on Maddy, I didn't like the yarn carrying look on the front button band (shown here) and because the skeins were so different I had to alternate skeins.
So I ripped and reskeined:
Overdyed and hung out to dry (excuse the yard work going on in the background - we will have a new lawned play area there soon):
Still drying, this is what it looks like now:
No sewing this week, just getting back into the swing of things as I returned to work and celebrated a birthday on Wednesday, went out Thursday night and needed to wind down with some knitting on Friday. Madelyn's little tulip top is coming along nicely - the back is all done, and it's going to look very sweet I think.