Wednesday 4 March 2009

WIP Wednesday: Bamboozled!

I actually have a WIP Wednesday post for a change... but only because nothing is getting finished. My cute little distraction hasn't been very happy the last day or two, particularly sad today and no idea why. She is loving being carried in her sling...hang on, make that Austy's old sling that I made when he was about 6 months old. Hers is still sitting in the form of pretty fabric on my sewing desk. I have chosen some from the delicious Ginger Blossom range (soooo pretty!) to team with cream canvas fro the straps and inner.




So perhaps I am being a bit ambitious, expecting to complete this little cardy for her to wear to a wedding on Saturday. I am knitting it with a bamboo cotton blend, so it's silky soft - much softer than plain cotton, and hopefully not too warm, but keeps the wind off her still.



And even more ambitious - suddenly going out and buying fabric and a pattern to make a skirt for me to wear to the wedding. This will be made from bamboo too, just because I loved the gold embellishment across the fabric.


Hopefully the little Miss will let me do some sewing tonight. The knitting I can do with both kids awake when Madelyn is happily swinging in her swing, spinning the animals around that hang from the arches of her play mat, or snuggling up to someone else (she does love those cuddles!) But for now it's back on feeding duty so that she might go to sleep at a reaonable hour.


2 comments:

~LilOlFrankie~ said...

I love that fabric for your skirt, can't wait to see the finished item. And that little cupcake top looks just darling on Maddy. She looks very peaceful in her sling!

Sereknitty said...

That fabric is gorgeous! I may have to dust off my machine :) The sweater looks like it's going to be very cute -- like the colour combination!