This morning was a very busy one, and this afternoon wasn't very accommodating for sewing as my darling girl seems to be teething (yes, already!) so wasn't happy to be put down, and only managed a half hour nap this morning during my fitness class, and then little spots of sleep here and there in my arms.
However a late night last night (which ended well into this morning) helped me finish the backdrop for the Doll Quilt Swap 6 mini quilt. I am yet to do the applique, but other than that, the quilt top is complete. Golf ball for size reference.
Then today, miracle of miracles, I hemmed one of the curtains in Maddy's room. I planned to do them all while Madelyn wasn't in her cot asleep, and Austy was out, but the little miss had other plans. At least I got one done, and am now not as afraid to attempt the other two. For some reason, no matter how carefully you measure and cut, the hemline on curtains seems to want to be wonky, and it bothered me because I am a perfectionist and would rather sew straight!
And another miracle was that DH finally got around to painting the feature wall in our family room. It has had two test patches on it for months now, and he's had lots of time off work due to the poor car market at present. He thought painting it might get me off his back, but he didn't realise it's that horrid 70's woodwork that I've been whinging about. We have the paint in the shed as we got it when we got the paint for the kids' rooms, but apparently it will be another year before he gets to that bit, and he won't let me do it. Oh well, a girl can try. The holes in the wall are for our TV which is now back on the wall (he did that as soon as it was dry, of course!).