Sunday 9 January 2011

2011!

Just a short post to wish my readers a wonderful year ahead.

There are some changes going on in here, as I normally do at the start of the new year - as you can see I have been playing around with my blog design, and I can promise you it won't stay this way. I don't like it much but had to do something to test out sizes etc. and since I have a widescreen monitor now, I still don't know if it works. The colours are a bit too pink for me, so I will have a rehash when I can. Since this is a new computer, I only had the papers I downloaded for Madelyn's birthday invitations to play with. It was either pink and girly, or rockets and space (from Austy's invitations)!

I am working on a number of projects at the moment, and have some to upload from the end of last year (a couple of sundresses and test knits). I am going to try to set up a new proforma for publishing my projects, to keep it brief, easy to read and send people in the right direction for pattern links etc.

Last year, I worked on feeling less guilty for spending time for me. This year I aim to take this further by scheduling set times for my craft projects and making sure I get it. I am slowly learning that time for me makes me a better mother, not a worse one, and it is just as important as everytthing else I do for the kids. Hopefully I will be able to get more involved in swaps and blog events this year and feel connected with my online crafty friends again.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

AJ said...

Welcome back Joy! Can't wait to see what you make this year!