Saturday 7 April 2007

Happy Easter!


After a very tiring day yesterday (since Austin decided to be awake half the night), I managed to knit up the second half of the scarf. I must have been super tired as I grafted them together, only to find that I had one half facing the right way and the other half facing the wrong way! Argh! I am so new to grafting and paniced that I couldn't undo it, but I managed it and the halves are now sitting separate again waiting to be joined.


Judy has requested the pattern, but as I am not yet finished the scarf (still want to add a lace edge when my mauve 12ply yarn arrives) I will just share the stitch pattern for the cable panel. It is a very simple cable, and easy to remember the pattern without needing to refer to it while knitting:

Worked over 20 stitches.
1st and ever alt row (wrong side) Purl
2nd row: K6, C4B, C4F, K6
4th row: K4, C4B, K4, C4F, K4
6th row: K2, C4B, K8, C4F, K2
8th row: C4B, K12, C4F
Repeat these 8 rows.

See told you it was simple (I haven't done cables before!) I have worked it with 5 rows of moss stitch to start, and 6 stitches of moss stitch either side of the cable (32sts in total). Fun to knit and easy to grow on 5.5mm needles and using 12ply (heavy worsted) merino.

Now, have a happy Easter everyone, and don't eat too much chocolate!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Thank you for sharing the pattern! And your hand dyed yarn is just beautiful. I'm snowed in today in Northeastern Ohio and you've inspired me to try some kool aid hand dying.

Heki said...

The scarf is looking terrific! It must be the day for mistakes...I had to undo about 60 rows today at guild...RRrrrrr!
Might have to give that pattern a go.

Becky-Dee said...

holy cow! you mst be a super fast knitter to crank out a whole scarf in so little time! it looks beautiful

Corrie said...

gorgeous well done...I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.....the yarn that is! good work and happy easter...you will have no worries with the deadline

Corrie:)