Tuesday 18 November 2008

One for Inca

I decided to keep that little pink dress after all and hunted through my stash for more 1yrd pieces that I could make more dresses from. I decided on this Robert Kauffman number for Inca (although it's one of my favourite fabrics). Being a second dress it is better made than the first so I decided to gift this one to little Inca.


We didn't get to see them on the weekend, so I made some matching shoes to make it a set.



Then I had a gift to make for my Secret Stork pressie on the Essential Baby forums (Due in December group). I had planned on using a Peter Rabit fabric (on a green background) but didn't quite have enough so decided on this moda fabric by Me & My Sister designs (Sweet baby Jane).



Of course I had to turn it into a set too, so added this cute little sunhat I have made before as a gift when Elizabeth was born.



Now I think I need to make hat AND baby shoes to go with that pink dress... and if bub comes out a girl, perhaps a matching nappy (since nappies aren't the best things to store for gifts because hardly anyone I know uses cloth nappies).


LAST DAY OF WORK TOMORROW!!! Yipeeee! Looking forward to not feeling dead on my feet, for at least a couple of weeks anyway.

8 comments:

Little Munchkins said...

Aww, so cute! And they must be so tiny too. Does that mean you are going to have a girl :)

Austysmum said...

I hope so! But these are for baby gifts - one for friends and one for a secret stork gift for an eb buddy ;)

The first dress I couldn't part with although originally made for our friend's baby Inca so have kept it "just in case". Our bub is a surprise.

Susan said...

Just gorgeous. I do so hope you have a girl to see how cute she looks in the dress :) Susan

Leah said...

such lovely gifts!

Emma said...

Beautiful work as usual, Joy. So perfectly neat, and ever so cute!

Suz said...

These are all so very lovely! Well done.

Angela Yosten said...

I just found your blog through Google Alerts. Great Blog and crafts! These dresses are adorable. Keep it up!

Natalie said...

These are all so adorable, but my fav would have to be the sweet little hat - the scalloped edges are just so sweet!