Saturday 15 November 2008

Festive butt!




Here's the little Christmas nappy I whipped up after embroidering the reindeer the other week. I had to wait for the red velour to arrive for the inner before I could sew it up, and found a little scrap of red star fabric for the tabs in my scrap bag - perfect! Can't wait to see it on the baby now. I followed this tutorial to help roll in the legs this time and it worked out so much better than the last one. I think I'm quite happy with my pattern now.





And then there is this little dress I made this week for friends who are the proud new parents of little Inca, however I think I like it too much to give it away... just in case we have a little girl too. I might have to make another one and then decide which one to give. I want to make a matching sun hat or pair of baby shoes too before we go and visit for a cuddle.


The pattern was from Ottobre 3/2007 and quite simple except for the sleeve easing - I think I might need to get some practise at that if we do have a little girl bundle - because of course it would mean I'd be making tonnes more little dresses!

The washing machine is calling me now, filled to the brim with little white onsies, singlets, socks etc. waiting to be hung on the line and put neatly in the drawers to await bub's arrival. Three days left of work and then I can hopefully get those curtains finished and get some rest before the big event - less than a month to go now!!

9 comments:

Susan said...

Just gorgeous, won't be long now until you have a butt to fill that fluffiness. Susan

Emma said...

What a gorgeous nappy! Love the dress, too ;)

Khris78 said...

Very clever!!! That dress is gorgoeus. Hope you have a restful month!

Leah said...

keep em Joy! the outfit I mean. It's soooo sweet. I hope you have a girl!

Natalie said...

Oooh that nappy is just adorable, and the dress is so sweet, I love the fabric - I think you should keep it too ;) Can't believe you only have 4 weeks left, that has gone so quick

AJ said...

OMG So cute!! I'll have it when your bub grows out of it!! :P

Xena said...

Once again another inspiring lot from you AJ. Your one of my inspirations.

MJ said...

OMG love the butt and the dress is divine....:)

Kylie said...

Oh what a cute Christmas bumb your little one will have!

Loving the dress too - Me thinks I need to start purchasing Otto!