I decided to do a test block for my EBDQS quilt since my design uses paper pieced blocks and they finish at a little 4" square with 20 pieces in each. So I picked some colours that are TOTALLY different to those I will use for the swap (so as not to give too much away) and did some paper piecing... something I am still pretty much a novice at but slowly building up confidence in.
Here's how it turned out. I am very pleased as I discovered I CAN manage to do the snail trail block that tiny so my quilt design is a goer. Now to wait for that second fabric order to arrive from the US so I can get started!!