Monday 22 October 2007

Clown Suit for my little funny clown


Here I was panicing because there was a note across the sign in/out book last week that said DON'T FORGET - DRESS UP WEEK NEXT WEEK!! I rushed off to Spotlight on the weekend and bought some fabric that screamed out clown, and attempted to madly put this thing together, ready for Thursday. Well, it turns out that the ladies in the baby room got their dates mixed up, and it's dress up week NEXT week! So all that rushing for nothing... but at least that's one thing out of the way that I don't need to worru about, and Austy's first costume is complete, as a start to his new dress-ups box.
It was quite fun to design and make only it would have been more fun if I realised I had more time. I probably would have done the ruffle a bit fuller, but because I cut two right sleeves, I was running short of fabric once I cut the left one (doh!) so this little attempt at a ruffle will have to do. I have since found a pattern in one of my books for clown shoes, that are just his size, so dug out some puff paint for the soles of them now that I might actually have time to do them. It doesn't look like much on the chair and table set (my bargain that I picked up at Kmart on Friday for only $50!) but the pants look super cute on the boy - I can't wait to try the top on tomorrow after work.

7 comments:

lolliegirl said...

Oh wow! It looks fantastic. I can't wait to see the shoes you make!

Karen said...

Joy that is one fabulous clown suit! I looove the colours you've chosen and can't wait to see it on him.

Cass said...

Wow Joy the clown outfit looks fantastic, well done. Austy will be the best dressed one there

Heids said...

WOW is the word! What a gorgeous clown suit - can't wait to see some pics of Austy in it. Well done on designing it yourself.

Lily Mulholland said...

Joy you did a great job! How did you do the snaps? I'm a bit scared, so I bought snap tape for my latest project!

Ashleigh said...

You are amazing! I can't believe you just whipped that up! I wish I was half as clever as you.....

Austysmum said...

Thanks girls - it was more of a rush job than it needed to be! It does look cute on, but no photos until he's got his face paint on too!

Lily - I used my snap press and resin snaps. Much easier than the hammer and breadboard method I used to use. And while I got my money's worth out of the press making nappies, I bought the metal dies and the smaller dies too so I can use them on baby rompers, bibs... anything really! Great purchase, I will never regret.