Monday 7 April 2008

One block down...


And I've made a start on the doll quilt! I spent most the night quilting one of those baby quilts as I have a primary school buddy that is ready to give birth any day now and I really need to finish it but the quilting table, teamed with a too low chair was giving my shoulder agony. I got to the borders and stopped... and pulled out more fabric to start something tiny. Inspired by Austy's teddy quilt that the lovely AJ painstakingly created I decided to challenge myself with tiny triangles. The seams don't meet perfectly but it's pretty hard when you're working on 3" finished 9 patch blocks (each triange is only 1" across) so I'm hoping that cuteness makes up for it!

7 comments:

Belinda said...

How cute is that quilt going to be. Gorgeous fabric!

Emma said...

I love your fabric selections! And those points aren't half bad - you're too critical of yourself!

AJ said...

LOVE the fabric!!

Tanaya said...

You know, I just keep coming back to look at your block and this fabric selection, over and over again.

Love it!

Helen said...

Looking good Joy! Such pretty fabrics. Will look great on my wall! LOL

Louise said...

that fabric is so beautiful, I can't wait to see the finished product!

Cyliebug said...

Joy, it looks fantastic!! Well done!