Tuesday 22 May 2007

Nautical colourway


I read somewhere that it was hard to get true reds when wool dyeing and while dyeing this, my heart was pounding while I chanted. "Please don't turn out pink, please don't turn out pink...". Obviously I had nothing to worry about. Of course if it came out pink, Elizabeth (Austy's 18m old cousin) wouldn't have minded as she would have surely had something made out of it. I have now overcome my personal challenge of making red wool. Quite boyish, don't you think?


I made the inky blue contrast too. Beautiful soft Treliske organic merino 8ply, now in colour!

And here's Austy in the tracksuit I made him. Not the best pic, but he won't stand still for a second! I wan't very imaginative - just followed the pattern and decided it had to have a matching pocket on the bum, so added that myself. I was going to put a quilting print (antique cars) on the pocket flaps, but got lazy and just wanted to finish it quickly... Good thing though, it's suddenly cool here and he has worn it many times already.

8 comments:

Heki said...

That yarn is beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Thanks for your kind thoughts on my blog. I feel all warm, fuzzy and ready for tomorrow.

Kylie said...

Congrates on nailing the red - i love it and the blue as well - well done.

And Austy looks supper cute in his new tracky - well done!

Little Munchkins said...

Austy's new tracky looks awesome. The model is pretty cute himself :)

Leah said...

That yarn looks delicious - you certainly are very clever. And those trakkies look better than bought ones!

Natalie said...

Great tracksuit! I need to make a couple of basic ones for Jai - all of his stuff is now getting "too good" to wear to playgroup etc.

I love the colours in the wool, it looks fantastic!

Corrie said...

gorgeous colours! well done and cute trackies....someone is really growing up!

tigerfilly said...

Oh I absolutely love the colours in the wool, it will look just gorgeous knitted up. Great tracksuit too - it really is cold here this week!

Sue said...

The colors look wonderful, especially the red with the blue.