Saturday 18 July 2009

Not much time to type

or do much else here as we have had a bad couple of weeks. First Maddy had a nasty cold, then Austy got sick with a virus, then gave it to me where it turned into a chest infection and poor Maddy came down with an ear infection on Thursday night. We finally found a pain reliever that she doesn't just throw up instantly, but she's still very clingy and unhappy, and doesn't want to lay down to sleep, which keeps my hands pretty well occupied!


But here's a couple of FO's to keep you entertained while I am holding the baby.


First, one of my favourite nappies... I still have a few morecuts of minky embroidered and ready to turn into AIO's but just haven't managed it just yet, but I love the way this one turned out.


Second, a snuggly warm "Eyelet Vest" - a Debbie Bliss designI loved at first sight which started at size 6-12m so I had to wait until now to try it. I had some herloom baby wool just sitting there waiting to use for small baby gifts but dyed it up for Maddy instead. So far every time she has worn this she has sicked on it... but I still think it looks cute on.

And finally these little baby boots I did a while ago, an etsy pattern from ithinksew, but unfortunately the boots don't get worn as they don't last 5 seconds witout getting kicked off. The ankles are far too wide and I think the pattern either needs modifying or adding some seriously stiff interfacing (to make them sturdy like ugg boots). I added some elastic to the back of the ankle but it wasn't enough. They are cute... but so not practical. Instead I cast on some little knitted socks for her and hope that maybe they will stay on her feet.
[pic to come - it's on my dud laptop that wont show anything on its screen...]


I am just about to post of a swap parcel (ravelry baby themed swap) to some little American twins who have been thinking about coming early - it was meant to be already sent but with the health issues we've had here lately, I'd rather hang onto it for a couple more days and make sure I get everything into the parcel that I want to send instead of cutting short on a few items just to meet deadline. Here's a little sneak peak of what I am sending:



Totally not craft related, but for those of you who keep telling me Madelyn is the spitting image of Austin, heres a pic of him at the same age.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That little cloth nappy bum is GORGEOUS! Love the embroidery - so pretty!

Kylie said...

Lovely knits and I love that little aqua bottom! Oh and how alike are they! So cute...

Sue said...

Oh everything is so adorable. I love the nappy cover, very cute with the embroidery on it. The little vest is very sweet, you must be good at dyeing wool as it is quite pretty. Love those baby hats, is one from the Natural Knits for Mums and Babies.

Sereknitty said...

We call them diaper covers over here ... your's is beautifully made! Also loved the eyelet vest -- I have that pattern lurking somewhere!