For some reason I can't click in the title bar to give this post a name, but it is the progress on my BOL quilt. Excuse the ugly tacking - I can't find my quilting pins so a contrast coloured tacking will have to do while I quilt it. Thought I'd better take a pic before I uglied it up with more tacking. Still not sure what I am going to do on the quilting side of things, but the top is finished and the backing fabric chosen. Here is my quilt sandwich, all ready to quilt.
I decided to do a scrap strip border to frame it a bit more, and managed to use up all but about 1/4" strip of the fat quarter that I got in the mail - the green fossil fern background. I used to have a real thing for Jinny Beyer and would gravitate straight for that rack at the local quilt shop, but now I'm not so sure. I love her colours and tiny print designs, but the fabric doesn't seam to be as good quality as the others. It freys reeeeeeeally quickly and is much thinner, as you can see by all the loose ends on the outside border. Good thing the quilt is only small and I'm quilting it up ASAP, to close it over and protect it from freying away. I love the green backing fabric I found yesterday, perfect for the blankets of love theme.