Friday 22 August 2014

Owly fun

Every now and then I go on a knit bender.  My recent knit pattern testing for E+M Patterns (so far a top, dress, leggings and tank top) has had me itching for some new, fun, knit fabrics.  Unfortunately it pretty limited around here, but I decided to splurge one evening with some Crafty Mamas online shopping!  


 I have this sudden attachment to Lillestoff - but it is so expensive, especially when your kids aren't babies anymore and you need more than a 50cm cut for most things!  However during a flick through my Ottobre magazines (well, I was meant to be reorganising them but I got distracted!) I found a top that needed only a 50cm cut of print for the front, and the sleeves needed less than 50cm too.  I thought I could utilise a solid for the back (since they are easy enough to come by and not nearly as expensive).


So I quickly added a half a metre of these bright and funky Lillestoff owls plus the stripes to my cart and checked out before I could think twice about how much one t-shirt was going to cost me.  When I went to cut the top out, I was delighted that I could actually fit the back piece across the cut too!  


The pattern is number 28 from Ottobre 4/2012 (lots of cute knits in that one!).  And the fluff ball had to get involved in this shoot too...

1 comment:

AJ said...

Cute! Cat and shirt!